Friday, December 30, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Don't forget about the savvy men in your life. Fashionista Chicago spotted local gifts for $50 and under.
1. Stitch - Soft leather wallet by Lodis adds a nice twist with a bold color interior. $44
2. Kiehls - A classic ultimate man collection for fabulous skin. $50
3. Hazel - This Frank Lloyd Wright inspired business card case is a nice sleek alternative. $34
4. The Tie Bar - Hand woven 100% silk in stylish plaid. $15
5. Apple Store - For the traveler in your life. This kit has an adapter fits into most electrical outlets around the world. $39
6. Bath and Body Works - Cologne with clean citrus notes of bergamot, grapefruit and mandarin and undertones of peppery wood spices. $19.50
7. Sir and Madame - A local favorite. Cotton Japanese chambray scarf. We love the stripe side! $50
Monday, November 28, 2011
|Jill Stuart at Bloomingdales|
|DVF at Mark Shale|
When the 900 North Michigan Shops asked Fashionista Chicago to help put the spotlight on the LBD, we (I) were more than willing to show off the different ways to strut the hot little number . The rules here: There are no rules. Live out your fantasy for the night by being curvaceous, sensual, flirty or demure.
Each style takes on a different personality and there are certainly plenty of Little Black Dresses to fit yours.
The 900 North Michigan Shops has taken on top brands with serious street cred and we wanted to show you how you can wear different styles and find them all in one place.
1. Max Mara is lean and mean as a classic cocktail dress in a noteworthy jersey. Pair it with brown snakeskin heels for a subtle exotic touch.
2. Karen Millen is rockin and rollin with this hot sequin mini-dress that features long sleeves. A side note: super comfortable and I loved wearing these multi-color heels to throw off the sequin look.
3. Jill Stuart at Bloomingdales strapless LBD shakes and shimmers and includes one of my favorite elements; it has pockets! I paired this dress with Brian Atwood fluorescent strappy stilettos to give an edge!
4. L.K. Bennett features a feminine and flirty dress that is fit for a princess! This is one of Duchess Kate's favorite stores. We can see why.
5. DVF at Mark Shale simultaneously sweet and savvy. This dress makes a statement with it's oversized bows .
Friday, November 25, 2011
We at Fashionista Chicago thought it was time to give you some fab gift ideas for $50 and under. Fabulousness doesn't have to break the bank! The best part, yea, they're local.
1. Laudi Vidni -The color ruby isn't only for slippers, Piccolo Coin Purse $45
2. Whether Bags -Commuting isn't so bad with this 100% hemp bag, Palisade pouch $42
3. K. Amato -You'll thank your lucky stars this bracelet reads your sign, Greenview bracelet $36
4. Anastasi Chatzka -You will brighten anyones Christmas with these fun colorful tanks $45 (in-store only)
5. Bryn Capella - Another fab patent coin purse we couldn't refuse. $30
6. Sophia Reyes - These luxe leather belts don't use a buckle. Muse leather belt $50
7. Orange Beautiful - Orange you glad you we found these? Thank You cards $12
8. Crescendo - Hugs you in all the right places. Now that's a good gift. Soul Mate top $50
9. Avaasi - Elegant earrings to wear day to night. Lotus Leaf earrings $42
10. Lori's - Soft leather gloves is a gift everyone loves to receive. Laurer gloves $38
We hope you love our picks! Stay tuned as we continue to bring you the best Christmas gift ideas around town!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS TO MICHELLE LEE FOR WINNING THE PAIR OF TICKETS TO THE ONE OF A KIND SHOW!
Chicago designer Phoebe Nixon's eternally chic designs are inspired by the earth with