Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fashion in Chicago




I have fond memories as a little girl visiting Chicago while growing up in Peoria.
My family took trips to Chicago to enhance our culture and enjoy a museum, a play, dinner and shopping. I remember we were never allowed to wear jeans to do any of these activities especially while shopping on Michigan Avenue or while fine dining. We were always dressed smartly. (which led me to the love of fashion)

When I looked into the window displays at Marshall Fields, I Magnin, Neiman Marcus, Gucci, Henri Bendel and Saks Fifth Avenue I would get a fuzzy feeling inside and I knew Chicago was where I wanted to live someday but most importantly; fashion was for me!

Chicago is the ultimate city to be a fashionista. Below are 3 reasons why:

First, we have four seasons we must dress appropriately for: you know, a new cashmere coat is a must in the winter, a new fuchsia trench for the spring, new gladiators for the summer and 3.1 Phillip Lim must have ruffle blouses for the fall.

Second , Chicago has a wide range of boutiques and department stores to do your shopping with local prestigious designers such as Maria Pinto www.mariapinto.com
and Abigail Glaum-Lathbury www.abigail-glaum-lathbury
many of the up and coming local designers are featured in boutiques in the Chicago neighborhoods such as Lincoln Park, Bucktown and Wicker Park. These are a must to shop.

The third and last reason (there are more reasons but this is the top 3) is the wide range of styles available. There is certainly a style to fit your hunger of trend, class and budget.

Chicago is definitely my kind of town......to shop:)






1 comment: